2011-02-02 @ 00:47: inSSIDer
inSSIDer is free,
open-source Wi-Fi scanning/analyzing software. What’s unique about inSSIDer?
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7 (x86 and x64)
- Uses the Native Wi-Fi API and your current wireless network card
- Sort results by Mac Address, SSID, Channel, RSSI and “Time Last Seen”
- Compatible with most GPS devices (NMEA v2.3 and higher)
How can inSSIDer help me?
- Inspect your WLAN and surrounding networks to troubleshoot competing access points
- Track the strength of received signal in dBm over time
- Filter access points in an easy-to-use format
- Highlight access points for areas with high Wi-Fi concentration
- Export Wi-Fi and GPS data to a KML file to view in Google Earth.
- Filter through hundreds of scanned access points