What more to say? Enjoy!
I updated the HOSTS file, added compatibility with Android OS and added a simple install script to control the HOSTS file on Windows. I didn’t create an APK since you need root-access on Android to update the file and I think if you’re already root you won’t install this file using an APK. 😉 Just push it to /system/etc and you’re good to go. No need to reboot. Changes apply immediately.
I tested the script on Windows Seven x32 only and I appreciate to hear your experiences when running on any x64 version of Windows. Anyway, enjoy!
inSSIDer is free,
open-source Wi-Fi scanning/analyzing software.
What’s unique about inSSIDer?
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7 (x86 and x64)
- Uses the Native Wi-Fi API and your current wireless network card
- Sort results by Mac Address, SSID, Channel, RSSI and “Time Last Seen”
- Compatible with most GPS devices (NMEA v2.3 and higher)
How can inSSIDer help me?
- Inspect your WLAN and surrounding networks to troubleshoot competing access points
- Track the strength of received signal in dBm over time
- Filter access points in an easy-to-use format
- Highlight access points for areas with high Wi-Fi concentration
- Export Wi-Fi and GPS data to a KML file to view in Google Earth.
- Filter through hundreds of scanned access points