Chinese hackers have used a zero-day in the Trend Micro OfficeScan antivirus during their attacks on Mitsubishi Electric, ZDNet has learned from sources close to the investigation.
Trend Micro has now patched the vulnerability, but the company did not comment if the zero-day was used in other attacks beyond Mitsubishi Electric.Source: ZDNet
The more snake-oil you put on something the larger the attack vector gets.
Scanning your computer for malware viruses is important to keep it running smoothly. This also is true for your QLED TV if it’s connected to Wi-Fi! Prevent malicious software attacks on your TV by scanning for viruses on your TV every few weeks. Source: Samsung
Why does the TV need Internet access anyway? No Samsung devices for me then. Never ever.
I updated the HOSTS file, added compatibility with Android OS and added a simple install script to control the HOSTS file on Windows. I didn’t create an APK since you need root-access on Android to update the file and I think if you’re already root you won’t install this file using an APK. ;) Just push it to /system/etc and you’re good to go. No need to reboot. Changes apply immediately.
I tested the script on Windows Seven x32 only and I appreciate to hear your experiences when running on any x64 version of Windows. Anyway, enjoy!
… to v3 Build 20110314. Download here.
inSSIDer is free,
open-source Wi-Fi scanning/analyzing software. What’s unique about inSSIDer?
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7 (x86 and x64)
- Uses the Native Wi-Fi API and your current wireless network card
- Sort results by Mac Address, SSID, Channel, RSSI and “Time Last Seen”
- Compatible with most GPS devices (NMEA v2.3 and higher)
How can inSSIDer help me?
- Inspect your WLAN and surrounding networks to troubleshoot competing access points
- Track the strength of received signal in dBm over time
- Filter access points in an easy-to-use format
- Highlight access points for areas with high Wi-Fi concentration
- Export Wi-Fi and GPS data to a KML file to view in Google Earth.
- Filter through hundreds of scanned access points
Get more information and download the last free version (22.214.171.124) of inSSIDer at here or grab the latest commercial version at MetaGeek.
Download new version now: click!